- Rob & Mara shoes fit true to size
- We follow standard women’s local sizing (i.e. 35-41) — the same sizing as most local retail shoe stores for women's casual footwear
- Our Size Guide falls under three categories: 1) All, 2) Boots, and 3) Moccasins.
Simply follow your standard local size (i.e. 35-41) for this category. This is the size you usually get when buying flats or sandals in retail shoe stores. For example, if you usually buy size 37 for your flats, you are size 7 in this category.
Our high-cut boots (Blake, Heron, Vermont) should be one size bigger than standard local size for allowance of movement and socks. For example, if you usually buy size 37 for flats, you should order size 8 in our boots size.
Our moccasins have half sizes to ensure a snug and perfect fit. For example, if you usually buy size 37 for flats, you may either be 6.5 or 7 in our moccasins size depending on your exact foot length. To determine your exact foot length and to verify your exact size for this category, follow our measuring method on our Size Guide below.
1) Genuine leather easily expands through time so it is better to order your exact size as the material will still stretch as you wear it.
2) Standard local sizes are indicated on our size charts so that you can refer to the local size (i.e. 35-41) you usually buy for your flats/sandals from shoe stores at the mall.
3) Only compare your size to your local size in women's closed casual shoes, flats, or sandals (shoes where you don't wear socks). DO NOT compare your size to your size in rubber shoes or sports sneakers because these types of shoes are usually one size bigger than usual. Most local shoe stores and footwear brands selling women's casual footwear use Euro / Local sizing (i.e. 35-41).
How to measure: Trace your foot on a piece of paper using a thin pen. Make sure the pen is slanted pointing inwards as you trace to ensure exact measurement. Measure your exact foot length from your longest toe to heel vertically in centimeters (cm) with a ruler. Do not add any allowance.
Convert the foot length (cm) measurement to your corresponding Rob & Mara size. Note that the foot length (cm) measurement indicated on this chart is for exact foot length. There is no need to add allowance because the shoes already have allowance. Note that your foot length (cm) measurement is different from Japan cm sizing which is sometimes used by other shoe stores. Japan sizing refers to the length of the shoe insole (not your foot length). We included Japan sizing on the chart so you can see the difference.
To verify your size more easily, you may refer to your usual local size (i.e. 35-41) when buying women's flats or sandals from other retail shoe stores. See leftmost column. For example, if you usually buy size 37 for flats and sandals, simply refer to the size 37 row on our size chart to determine your size for the particular shoes you want.
The measurement method for the size equivalent of the foot length (cm) measurement indicated on this chart is for regular foot width. If you have very slim or very wide feet, the measurement method may not work for you. In this case, we recommend you to follow your usual local size (i.e. 35-41) when buying women's flats or sandals from most retail shoe stores. See leftmost column.
We're also including a link to the official size guide of Zappos, the biggest online shoe retailer in the world owned by Amazon. We have the same size chart measurements as their store and you can also convert your shoe size using their Shoe Calculator. See their size guide and their Women's Shoe Size Chart here.
Got a question about your size? We're here to help! Send us a message using the chat button at the bottom right hand corner of this page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our best to help you get your perfect size.